A unique experience; nowhere in the Netherlands has the history of the Jews in the mediene (the province) been elaborated as beautifully as in this museum. Get acquainted with the daily life of Jewish families who lived in Elburg from 1700. Shalom!
Watch the short documentary about Jewish Elburg in the cinema, then step into the Sjoel and take a detailed look at the scale model (1:10 scale) of the synagogue, in which the museum is located.
Chief Rabbi Jacobs tells you about the interior, the customs and the rituals in the synagogue on nine different television screens. Under the women's gallery is the treasure room and the display case with precious objects, including the Torah scroll. However, there is more: in addition to the permanent exhibition, Museum SJoel Elburg organizes fascinating annual exhibitions that are related to Jewish life.
- every Mondayclosed
- every Tuesdayfrom 11:00 to 17:00
- every Wednesdayfrom 11:00 to 17:00
- every Thursdayfrom 11:00 to 17:00
- every Fridayfrom 11:00 to 17:00
- every Saturdayfrom 11:00 to 17:00
- every Sundayclosed
- Note: opening times may be different during public holidays
- MJK (Museumjaarkaart)Free
- CJP (Cultureel Jongeren Paspoort)€2.00
- Price explanation:
- Young peopleYes
- Senior citizensYes